After this long, crazy, and tiring pandemic most students are finally back in school. All coming back with the experience of doing online school. Many students have different opinions about online school. Some thought it was bad, and others enjoyed it. I created a survey and asked a handful of juniors and seniors about their experience of online school, if they enjoyed it, whether it was a challenge or not, etc. Asking junior and seniors was the most logical approach because, in my eyes, they had the most pressure on them. In junior year, it is very crucial to perform your best because it’s the year colleges are more focused on, and it is also widely accepted to be the hardest year of highschool. Seniors have to work hard as well to perform well to leave the school with good grades to look good on their transcript, and it is the “stepping-stone” to college.
- Q: Which do you prefer? Online or In-person learning?
A: Anon: In-person
- Q: Were you nervous when online learning first began?
A: Anon: No
- Q: Have you fallen asleep in class during online learning?
A: Anon: Yes but not actually asleep
Anon When covid first started…Yes
Anon: big time
- Q: Did you find online learning harder or easier?
A: Anon: not necessarily harder or easier
- Q: Did you talk to your teachers as often as in person during online learning?
A: Anon: I think so
Anon: I don’t think so
- Q: Do you think you learned more, less, or the same amount during online learning?
A: Anon: Less
Anon: same amount
- Q: How did the lack of structure (routine) affect your work ethic?
A: Anon: I don’t think there was lack of structure for me because I feel like I worked better during online learning
Anon: I would get distracted during online learning
Anon: Made work more easy/fun
Anon: “lost focus, and fell behind on assignments”
Anon: “I made weird sleepies for a while.”
Anon:”with the lack of structure It was easier to get lost”
- Q: Did you feel more inclined to cheat during online learning?
A: Anon: No because i’m already using my phone to talk on zoom so it’s too much work to cheat online
Anon: No, I’ve been trying to be more honest with myself.
Anon: “I wanted to but… I couldn’t”
Anon: “I felt it was easier, but never did”
Anon: “I plead the 5th”
Anon: everyone here is lying
(Most students were asked in person except one, and all are from APA. All students that were not asked in-person answered this via google docs.)